When should I apply?
You only apply for a residence card if you have received:
- a temporary residence permit in order to reunite with your family, and on the day of submitting the application for granting this permit you stayed outside of Poland,
- you are a member of the immediate family of a repatriate,
- a permission to work under intra-corporate transfer or long-term mobility,
- a permission to stay for humanitarian reasons.
Chief of Border Guard branch competent for your place of stay.
You aplly in person. The application on behalf of a minor foreigner is submitted by parents or guardians appointed by the court, or one of the parents or one of the guardians appointed by the court. When applying, a minor who is at least 6 years old must be present.
Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.
Where should I apply?
If you cannot apply in person, please send your application by post. What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints - make an appointment.
Learn how to submit your fingerprints.
What documents do I need?
- 1 copy of the application, completed as instructed (download the application form). You can also obtain the application form at any of our offices. Check the addresses.
- 2 photos which should meet the following requirements:
- Undamaged, in colour, of good focus and quality,
- size: 35x45mm,
- not older than last 6 months,
- head should take 70-80% of the photo (from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head).
- photo should be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background,
- photo should be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with eyes open, neutral face expression and mouth closed. Hair should be uncovered. The photo should also reflect your natural skin colour. Eyes and pupils should be clearly visible, the line of the eyes should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo.
- A valid travel document (original for inspection). In justified cases, if you do not hold a valid travel document and cannot obtain it, you may present another document confirming your identity.
Confirmation of registered residence/the registered residence (temporary or permanent).
You will need also an original of the stamp duty payment to start the proceedings.
Address on the residence card
The card printout is ordered after submitting the proof of payment and after providing the current confirmation of registration for a temporary stay lasting over 2 months.
If you do not submit a confirmation of registration within 14 days from the date of receipt of the decision to grant you a temporary residence permit, your residence card will not have a residence address printed out on it.
You can also make a statement if you want to have the address on the card.
Residence card fees
The fee for issuing the card is 50 PLN
The reduced fee for issuing the card is 25 PLN
You are eligible to reduced fee if you are:
- a student, or
- student at upper secondary schools,
- or a minor child up to 16 years old,
- or in difficult financial situation.
You can also pay the fee for your residence card by bank transfer:
Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki
Poznań, al. Niepodległości 16/18
Nr rachunku: 70 1010 1469 0000 3922 3100 0000
How long is the waiting time?
The residence card will be issued approximately 1 month from the submission of proof of payment and confirmation of registration/or declaration of lack of address on the card. If you have a permanent residence permit due to a Pole's Card, a printout of the residence card will be ordered after returning the Pole's Card.
What should I know?
The residence card is to be collected in person only at the Department of Foreigners in Poznań or at one of the office's delegations.
When a residence card issued to a minor over 13 years of age is collected, his/her presence is required. When a residence card has been issued to a minor under 13 years of age by the date of its receipt, the card shall be collected by his legal representative or guardian.
A visit to collect a residence card in Poznań can be booked in advance via the website by selecting the E - Pickup residence card queue
To pick up your residence card, bring a valid travel document and previous residence card, if issued.
Check if your card is ready for collection and where you can collect it in our application to avoid dissapointment.