Issue of the residence card ex officio

When should I apply?

If you have received the decision to grant a temporary residence permit, you do not need to submit an application for a residence card, because the residence card is issued from the office after the temporary residence permit has been granted to you and is valid for the period for which the permit was granted.

Residence card is issued ex officio also if you have been granted:

Address on the residence card

The card printout is ordered after submitting the proof of payment and after providing the current confirmation of registration for a temporary stay lasting over 2 months.

If you do not submit confirmation of registration within 14 days from the date of receipt of the decision to grant a temporary residence permit, your residence card will not have a residence address.

You can also make a statement if you want to have the address on the card.

Declaration form to download

Residence card fees

The fee for issuing the card is PLN 50


The reduced fee is 25 PLN


You are entitled to reduced fee if you are:

  • student, or
  • student at upper secondary schools, or
  • a minor child up to 16 years old, or
  • in difficult financial situation.

You can also pay the fee for your residence card by bank transfer:

Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki
Poznań, al. Niepodległości 16/18
Nr rachunku: 70 1010 1469 0000 3922 3100 0000


How long is the waiting time?

The residence card will be issued approximately 1 month from the submission of proof of payment and confirmation of registration/or declaration of lack of address on the card. If you have a permanent residence permit due to a Pole's Card, a printout of the residence card will be ordered after returning the Pole's Card.

What should I know?

Read our guide

The residence card is to be collected in person only at the Department of Foreigners in Poznań or at one of the office's delegations. Check the addresses

When a residence card issued to a minor over 13 years of age is collected, his/her presence is required.  When a residence card has been issued to a minor under 13 years of age by the date of its receipt, the card shall be collected by his legal representative or guardian.

A visit to collect a residence card in Poznań can be booked in advance via the website by selecting CUDZOZIEMCY - Odbiór karty pobytu.

To collect the card in one of our regional offices, book a visit via the website by selecting CUDZOZIEMCY - Odbiór karty pobytu in the particular office where the card has been prepared for collection.

To pick up your residence card, bring a valid travel document and previous residence card, if issued.
Check if your card is ready for collection and where you can collect it in our application to avoid dissapointment.

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.


What to do if I want my PESEL number to appear on the residence card?

Provide a certificate confirming your PESEL number to the Office during the proceedings.

I cannot collect the card now - until when do I have time to collect the card?

You can collect the card at any time throughout its period of validity. Remember that it is in your interest to receive it as soon as possible. The residence card, during its validity, confirms your identity in Poland and entitles, together with a travel document, to repeatedly cross the border...

read the whole answer...

The residence card has been stolen / lost. What to do?

  • Within 3 days of losing the document, please inform the Governor who issued your residence card about it (the form can be downloaded from our website). Report theft / loss of the card to the nearest Police Station.
  • To obtain a new card, apply for an...
read the whole answer...

A foreigner picked up the residence card and after some time he noticed an error on it. Where to report it, how to apply, whether the Office will issue a new card and who will cover the cost of the printout?

Such information should be reported to the Office: in person at the information desk, by telephone through the helpline or by a letter by post. You should describe what the error is. If we have made a mistake, we will order a new card, and you will not have to pay for it. However, if the error...

read the whole answer...

I have a residence card for humanitarian reasons issued by the Border Guard for 2 years. Can I apply for another card at the Governor’s Office / can I apply for a card exchange at the Governor’s Office. Which authority is competent?

You submit the application for the issue / replacement of the residence card to the Head of the Border Guard unit or the Head of Border Guard station competent for your place of stay.