Posted workers

When should I apply?

You can apply if you are a UK national and you have worked as a posted worker in Poland by the end of 2020 and you continue youst stay after that date. You are a ‘posted worker’ if your employer temporarily sends you from the country you normally work in to another country to carry out a contract. 

Download your application HERE

You can submit the application from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021. If you apply before the end 2021 you can legally continue your stay and work in Poland.

You should apply for a residence permit in person 

Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.

Where should I apply?

You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit

If you cannot apply in person, please send your application by post to meet the deadline.

What counts is the date of postage at the post office.

If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints.  Fingerprints are required from all applicants who have turned 6 by the time of the application.

Learn how to give your fingerprints.

Upon receiving your application via post, we will request your attendance to provide fingerprints. During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required.

What documents do I need?

Documents needed to obtain a stamp in a passport (so-called formal requirements): 

Application is free of charge.

Documents required to be granted the permit:

It must be clear from the posting letter and the work ontract that you have been posted to work for at least three months at the time we consider your application. The documents shall be submitted together with its translation into Polish by a sworn translator.

What should I know?

Read our guide

The permit is granted for 5 years. You can then apply for permanent residence once you’ve got 5 years’ continuous residence.

During your procedure and after you are granted the residence permit you are entitled to work.

What are my obligations after getting the permit?

You should inform the Governor depending on your current place of residence, in the case of:

  • change of information stated on your residence card
  • damage or lost of your residence card or any other circumstances that make it difficult to identify the holder of the card.

In the event of loss of the residence card, you should report it to our Office and a new document shall be issued.

I have received my decison - how to get my residence card now?

The residence card is issued after you have been granted the permit. It is free of charge.

Read more

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.