It is a document that is not a copy. In some cases, you will be allowed to submit a copy of the original document, certified by an officer with a signature and stamp when submitting the document. A copy can be also authenticated by a notary or by your lawyer or your legal adviser if he/she represents you as attorney-in-fact in your legalization procedure.
Check-list - Issue of a residence card on an application
- 1 copy of the application, completed as instructed (download the application form). You can also obtain the application form at any of our offices. Check the addresses.
- 2 photos which should meet the following requirements:
- Undamaged, in colour, of good focus and quality,
- size: 35x45mm,
- not older than last 6 months,
- head should take 70-80% of the photo (from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head).
- photo should be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background,
- photo should be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with eyes open, neutral face expression and mouth closed. Hair should be uncovered. The photo should also reflect your natural skin colour. Eyes and pupils should be clearly visible, the line of the eyes should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo.
- A valid travel document (original for inspection). In justified cases, if you do not hold a valid travel document and cannot obtain it, you may present another document confirming your identity.
Confirmation of registered residence/the registered residence (temporary or permanent).
You will need also an original of the stamp duty payment to start the proceedings.