What should I know - UK Nationals/Family members

All our letters will be delivered upon receipt by post to the address appointed in your application, or to the address of your proxy (if you named one).

The documents are issued by the Governor relevant for your place of residence. We will initiate proceedings after receiving an error-free application.

During the procedure, we may ask you to provide additional documents or to give evidence of the circumstances related to your application. Submitting the materials within the specified deadline may shorten the waiting time related for the document.

There is no fee for the documents.

Registration stay certificate, documents confirming the right of permanent residence and the permanent residence card of a family member of an UK national are issued for 10 years. each document shall be renewed before it expires. 

Residence card of a family member of an UK national shall be issued for a period up to 5 years.

The documents will contain an annotation referring to the Withdrawal Agreement: “Article 50 TEU, Article 18 para. 4 of the Withdrawal Agreement”.


If you go abroad and you do not appoint an attorney to handle the case, you should at least appoint an attorney for notification in Poland. If you did not indicate an attorney for notification, the letters intended for you will be left in the case file with the result of being delivered.

Inform us about a change in your mailing address, it will speed up the procedure.

You will find a form of the declaration concerning the place of living on our web page - it contains all information that should be placed in it, i.e. who provides the place of living, to whom it is provided, for what period of time and at what is an address.

If you have appointed a proxy, attach the original power of attorney to the documents. If you have more than one attorney, remember to indicate which you want us to send the correspondence to you. 


Submit documents in original (for inspection) or authenticated copy. If you send the documents by post, send them in the original along with a request for their return, after it will be used for the official purposes - after the proceedings have been completed, we will send the originals back to you.

If you submit documents in a foreign language in the application, it is also required to submit a translation of the document into Polish by a certified/sworn translator. You can fin a list of certified translators on the Ministry of Justice website.

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback