Continuous residence of an EU citizen/UK national

Continuous residence means that you’ve been in Poland for at least 6 months in any 12 month period. The exceptions are:

  • one period of up to 12 months for an important reason (for example, childbirth, serious illness, study, vocational training or an overseas work posting)
  • compulsory military service of any length.

If you are presumed to have disrupted the continuity of your 5 years' residence we will ask you to submit evidence to establish that you did not disrupt the continuity of your residence, depending on the lenght and nature of your absence. You may overcome the presumption of a break in the continuity of residence by providing credible evidence.


Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback