Check-list - Temporary residence and work permit

Documents required to obtain a stamp in your passport (i.e. formal requirements)

To start the proceedings you also need the confirmation of the stamp duty payment

Documents required to be granted a temporary residence and work permit:

  • Annex No 1 (download here) to the application for the temporary residence permit confirms a purpose of stay exceeding 3 months.
    Apart from that, it also confirms that you have a stable and regular source of income and a health insurance (applies to persons employed on the basis of regular employment contract or contract of mandate).
    On the basis of this document, we check whether you have sufficient funds to cover the living expenses in Poland.
    The conditions of work entrustment contained in the Annex No 1 must be consistent with conditions resulting from other documents, such as your employment contract, labour market test, etc.

  • The original document of labour market test or documents confirming exemption from the obligation to have a work permit. 
    Check if you need the Labour Market Test
    If the document is required, submit the original document of the labour market test obtained from a district job agency competent according to the place of your work – it is not considered as a formal error (i.e. it is not indispensable in order to get a stamp in your passport). However, submission of all documents at the time of applying can greatly speed up the process of granting a residence permit at a later stage of the proceedings (i.e. evidentiary proceedings),

  • A current document confirming your accommodation in Poland,
  • If you perform work on the basis of project delivery contract, you will also need to enclose a document confirming you have a valid health insurance.

  • If you perform work in a regulated profession – you should enclose additional documents which confirm you have the required qualifications.
  • We may also ask you to:
    • send some more information,

    • come to an interview with our officials.

During the proceedings, make sure you inform us about any change related to your job, current place of living or number of dependent persons in your household.