Interrupted stay

It is a time during which you were outside of the territory of Poland. The length of an interrupted stay constitutes the basis for granting a long-term EU resident permit or a residence permit due to a marriage to a Polish citizen. Interrupted stay can be no longer than 6 months, and all interruptions cannot exceed 10 months in a period of 5 years unless the break was caused by: 

  • performance of work outside Poland, under an agreement with the employer whose office is located in Poland; 
  • an exceptional personal situation requiring the presence of a foreigner outside the territory of Poland; 
  • leaving Polish territory to pursue practices or participate in studies provided for in the course of study at Polish universities.

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback