The Governor’s competence:
A work permit is issued by the competent Governor with relevance to:
- The location of head office/ place of residence of the employer who would like to entrust work performance to the foreigner (type A or type B work permit);
- The seat of the employer to which the foreigner was delegated to – type C work permit.
- the seat/ place of residence of the employer for which temporary and occasional service is provided or, if the employer’s office is located outside the territory of Poland, the foreigner’s main place of work performance (type D work permit).
- the foreigner’s main place of work performance on the territory of Poland (type E);
- if the type of work performed by the foreigner makes it impossible to determine the foreigner’s main place of work, the work permit is issued by the Governor of Mazowieckie Province.
- In the case of change of the Governor’s competence, due to relocation/ change of residence of the entity entrusting work performance to which the foreigner was delegated, or due to change of the foreigner’s main place of work, the Governor’s competence regarding the extension of the work permit is determined on the basis of the date of application.
Party to the proceedings
In the proceedings regarding the issue of work permit, the sole party to the proceedings is the entity entrusting work performance to the foreigner.
Documents in foreign languages should be submitted along with certified translations into the Polish language (translated by a publicly appointed sworn translator).
All correspondence is delivered to the address indicated in the application or to the address of the an appointed representative.
Validity periods of work permits
- A work permit is issued for a fixed period, but not longer than 3 years and can be extended. If the foreigner works as a board member of a company employing more than 25 people, the Governor may issue a work permit for a period not exceeding 5 years.
- The work permit may be issued for a shorter period that the period indicated in the application form, in cases specified in the Governor’s Ordinance No 1 of 7 July 2016 on the criteria of issuing work permits for foreigners in Wielkopolska Province (=> link)(*&#^^@*@(@)@)*.
- If the foreigner is delegated to the Republic of Poland in order to engage in export, the work permit is issued for the period of delegation.
Work permit are issued for a specific foreigner, on the basis of work performance for a specific employer and at a specific post, as well as for a specific validity period.
A work permit is issued in three copies, two of which are transferred to the employer.
The work permit expires by operation of law, on the date the foreigner is granted a temporary residence and work permit on the basis of performing work for the same employer and at the same post.