What should I know? - Residence permit for a long-term resident of the EU

You apply for a residence permit for a long-term resident of the EU in person, no later than on the last day of your legal stay in Poland. If you submit your application on time and there are no formal deficiencies, or if you complete any formal deficiencies by the date indicated by us, your stay will be legal from the day of submitting the application to the day on which the decision in your case becomes final.

A permanent residence permit is granted, denied or revoked by the Governor competent for your place of residence. We grant a residence permit for a long-term resident of the EU for unlimited period of time. Your card is issued for 5 years. You need to apply for a new card at least 30 days before expiration date of your current card.

Learn How to replace your residence card


If you go abroad and you do not appoint an attorney to handle the case, you should at least appoint an attorney for notification in Poland. If you did not indicate an attorney for notification, the letters intended for you will be left in the case file with the result of being delivered.

Inform us about a change in your mailing address, it will speed up the procedure.

You will find a form of the declaration concerning the place of living on our web page - it contains all information that should be placed in it, i.e. who provides the place of living, to whom it is provided, for what period of time and at what address it is provided.

If you have appointed a proxy, attach the original power of attorney to the documents. If you have more than one attorney, remember to indicate who you want us to send the correspondence to. 


Submit documents in original (for inspection) or authenticated copy. If you send the documents by post, send them in the original along with a request for their return, after it will be used for the official purposes - after the proceedings have been completed, we will send the originals back to you.

If you submit documents in a foreign language in the application, it is also required to submit a translation of the document into Polish by a certified/sworn translator. You can find a list of certified translators on the Ministry of Justice website.

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback