When should I apply?
You apply for an exchange / issue of residence card if:
- your permanent residence card, or long-term resident of the EU residence card or humanitarian residence card expires;
- the data contained in the residence card have changed, ie. your name, your address;
- you have lost your residence card;
- your card has been damaged;
- you have been granted with permanent residence/long-term resident of the EU and your card expired.
An application for replacement of a residence card should be submitted in person within 14 days of the reason for their replacement appear.
The application on behalf of a minor is made by parents or guardians appointed by the court, or one of the parents or one of the guardians appointed by the court. When submitting an application, a minor who is at least 6 years old must be present.
If you have a residence permit for a long-term resident of the EU or a permanent residence permit, you must apply for a card replacement at least 30 days before your residence card expires.
Before submitting your application, please read our tips on how to fill out an application form
Where should I apply?
You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit
If you cannot apply in person before, please send your application by post to meet the deadline. What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints - make an appointment . During your visit, you may also file other documents to support your application.
Learn how to give your fingerprints
What documents do I need?
- 2 photos which should meet the following requirements:
- Undamaged, in colour, of good focus and quality,
- size: 35x45mm,
- not older than last 6 months,
- head should take 70-80% of the photo (from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head).
- photo should be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background,
- photo should be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with eyes open, neutral face expression and mouth closed. Hair should be uncovered. The photo should also reflect your natural skin colour. Eyes and pupils should be clearly visible, the line of the eyes should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo.
- A photocopy of a valid travel document (original for inspection), in particularly justified cases, when you do not have a valid travel document and is unable to obtain it, you may present another document confirming your identity;
Typical documents confirming the circumstances indicated in the application:
Confrimation of stamp duty fee payment is required to start the proceedings.
Address on the residence card
The card printout is ordered after submitting the proof of payment and after providing the current confirmation of registration for a temporary stay lasting over 2 months.
If you do not submit a confirmation of registration within 14 days from the date of receipt of the decision to grant you a temporary residence permit, your residence card will not have a residence address printed out on it.
You can also make a statement if you want to have the address on the card.
Residence card fees
The fee for issuing the card is 50 PLN
The reduced fee for issuing the card is 25 PLN
You are eligible to reduced fee if you are:
- a student, or
- student at upper secondary schools, or
- or a minor child up to 16 years old, or
- or in difficult financial situation.
Replacement of a residence card in the event of culpable loss or destruction is 100,00 PLN
Replacement of a residence card in the event of further culpable loss or destruction IS 150 PLN
You can also pay the fee for your residence card by bank transfer:
Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki
Poznań, al. Niepodległości 16/18
Nr rachunku: 70 1010 1469 0000 3922 3100 0000
How long is the waiting time?
The residence card will be issued approximately 1 month from the submission of proof of payment and confirmation of registration/or declaration of lack of address on the card. If you have a permanent residence permit due to a Pole's Card, a printout of the residence card will be ordered after returning the Pole's Card.
What should I know?
The residence card is to be collected in person only at the Department of Foreigners in Poznań or at one of the office's delegations. Check the addresses.
When a residence card issued to a minor over 13 years of age is collected, his/her presence is required. When a residence card has been issued to a minor under 13 years of age by the date of its receipt, the card shall be collected by his legal representative or guardian.
A visit to collect a residence card in Poznań can be booked in advance via the website by selecting the E - Pickup residence card queue
To pick up your residence card, bring a valid travel document and previous residence card, if issued.
Check if your card is ready for collection and where you can collect it in our application to avoid dissapointment.