On the 2nd August, 2021, the provisions of the amended Act on entering the territory of the Republic of Poland, residence and departure from this territory of nationals of Member States of the European Union and their family members enter into force. The main changes are:
- standardizing the format of documents issued to EU citizens and their family members, by introducing a new model document of certificates of registration of EU citizen residence. From 2nd August 2021, the certificates will have the format of a plastic card with a photo and signature of the holder,
- attaching photos to the submitted applications for the registration of EU citizens' residence,
- new names for documents issued to family members of non-EU citizens. From 2nd August 2021, the temporary card of a family member of an EU citizen will take the name of the residence card, while the document confirming the right of permanent residence of a family member of an EU citizen who is not an EU citizen will take the name of the permanent residence card,
- fingerprinting for applications for a residence card and a permanent residence card. This obligation will not apply to minor non-EU family members of EU citizens who are less then 6 years old by the date of application.
Customers, whose proceedings were initiated and not completed before 2nd August 2021, will receive a letter from our office relating to fulfilment of requirements in order to adapt gathered documents to the possibility of printing documents according to new model documents, applying from 2nd August 2021.
- Certificates of registration of residence, documents confirming the right of permanent residence, temporary cards of family members of EU citizens and documents confirming the right of permanent residence of a family member of an EU citizen, issued before 2 nd August 2021, remain valid for the period for which they were issued, however not longer than until 3rd August 2026.
- From 2nd August 2021 to 3rd August 2026, EU citizens with a certificate on registration of residence issued according to the current pattern, will be able to submit applications for a new certificate of registration of residence according to the model specified by the amended regulations. Link for replacement / issuance of a new certificate on registering the residence of an EU citizen
- The rules of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland of citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland who are beneficiaries of the Withdrawal Agreement, and their family members, are not changed in accordance with the provisions of the Act on entry amended from August 2, 2021. Proceedings regarding the above-mentioned customers will take place according to regulations in force from 1st January 2021.