When should I apply?
You apply for the exchange of a certificate of of residence registration within 14 days after the occurrence of the premises for the exchange of the document if you have lost your current certificate, or any details included in your certificate have changed, i.e. you have changed your name, or your certificate has been damaged or your face has changed significantly.
You submit your application in-person.
The requirement to submit an application in person does not apply to minors EU citizens.
In very exceptional circumstances, including your health condition, it will be possible to submit your application not only in person.
Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in the application form.
Where should I apply?
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
What documents do I need?
- Application completed in accordance with the instructions in 1 copy (application to be downloaded). You can receive a copy of your application form in our offices,
- photocopy of a valid travel document or other document confirming your identity and citizenship (original available for inspection), if you cannot present a travel document or another document confirming your identity and citizenship, you can provide other evidence than an official document that will confirm your identity and citizenship in no doubt way.
- 2 photographs
How to get my certificate of residence registration
- The certificate of residence registration should be collected in person only at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or at one of the office's delegations.
- When a certificate of residence registration issued to a minor over 13 years of age is collected, his/her presence is required. When a certificate of residence registration has been issued to a minor under 13 years of age by the date of its receipt, the certificate shall be collected by his/her legal representative or guardian with a valid identity document.
- A certificate of residence registration may be also collected by the appointed attorney, on the basis of a special power of attorney to receive this certificate, upon presentation of a document confirming his / her identity
- A visit to collect a certificate of residence registration in Poznań can be booked over the phone or email. Detailed information regarding collection of documents, phone numbers and e-mail address, will be included in official correspondence (letters to suplement formal requirments, requests to supplement documents) and in our online application (Foreigners - Check case status)
- A visit to collect a certificate of residence registration in Poznań can be booked in advance via the website by selecting „E” – collecting a residence card
- To pick up your certificate of residence registration, bring a valid travel document or other document verifying your identity and citizenship
- A certificate of residence registration, issued after 2nd August 2021, is valid for 10 years
- Check if your certificate of residence registration is ready for collection and where you can collect it in our online application (Foreigners - Check case status)