Document confirming the right of permanent residence

When should I apply?

You should apply for a document confirming the right of permanent residence of an EU citizen after 5 years of uninterrupted stay in Poland.

The requirement to submit an application in person does not apply to minors.

Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in the application form.

Where should I apply?

You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit

If you cannot apply in person, please send your application by post to meet the deadline.

What counts is the date of postage at the post office.

What documents do I need?

  • Application completed in accordance with the instructions in 1 copy (application to be downloaded). You can receive a copy of your application form in our offices,
  • A photocopy of a valid travel document or other document confirming your identity and citizenship (original available for inspection), if you cannot present a travel document or another document confirming your identity and citizenship, you can provide other proof than an official document that will allow you to confirm your identity and citizenship in no doubt way,
  • 5 biometric photographs,
  • Documents confirming a 5-year uninterrupted period of stay in Poland
  • Documents stating the reasons for breaks in stay, if any.

What should I know?

What obligations do I have after issuing the document?

You should report to the Governor competent for your place of residence in the event of:

  • change of the data contained in the document;
  • damage or other circumstances impeding the identification of the holder.

In the event of loss of a document confirming the right of permanent residence, a new document shall be issued.

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback