When should I apply?
You can make your first application for financial assistance if you hold a valid Pole's Card:
- along with your application for a permanent residence permit for the holder of the Pole's Card,
- if you have applied for a permanent residence permit on account of holding the Pole's Card and the period of 3 months has not passed since the application date.
You can make a subsequent claim for financial assistance if your first claim has been examined and you have been granted financial assistance for less than 9 months.
Before you apply, read our tips on completing the application forms.
Where should I apply?
You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit
If you will not be able to submit an application together with an application for a permanent residence permit, send the application in paper form by post.
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
What documents do I need?
- Application form - filled in 1 copy as per instruction. Download the form. You can receive a copy of your application form in our offices,
- copy of your valid travel document (original for inspection). In exceptional cases where you have no valid travel document and you cannot obtain it, you can present a different document confirming your identity.
- a valid Pole's Card,
- written declaration of intention to settle permanently in Poland,
- documents confirming that you intend to live in Poland permanently, e.g.: confirmation of residence for a temporary stay, premises rental agreement, employment contract or certificate of employment, work insurance, documents confirming running a business, certificate of continuing education, diplomas and certificates of completion schools in the territory of the Republic of Poland, confirmation of having a bank account, document confirming the sale of real estate (house, flat) in the country of origin.
If you apply also for your family members:
- a copy of a valid document confirming the identity and citizenship of each family member covered by the application, on the basis of which he entered the territory of the Republic of Poland,
- current copies of marital status files of family members, i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificates,
- documents confirming the residence of family members together with you on the territory of the Republic of Poland, e.g. confirmation of residence for a temporary stay, rental contract, insurance for work performed, employment contract or employment certificate, documents confirming business activity, certificate of continuing education, diplomas and school leaving certificates on the territory of the Republic of Poland, school / kindergarten / nursery certificates, confirmation of having a bank account, document confirming the sale of real estate (house, apartment) in the country of origin.
All documents are submitted in original / certified copy.
You will also need to confirm that you have paid the stamp duty to start the procedure.
It will be necessary to determine the form of payment for the financial assistance granted. The assistance may be paid in cash (at the counter of the relevant Starostwo Powiatowe) or non-cash by means of a transfer to the bank account indicated in your declaration. The declaration may be submitted together with the application for a finacial assistance or after obtaining the decision to grant a finacial assistance to the Starosta indicated in the decision.
What should I know?
What is the waiting time?
In particular circumstances, the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration suspends the processing of applications for financial assistance with a payment date falling in a given year until the funds for their payment are secured in the Budget Act, and provincial Governors suspend the processing of such applications - check whether the examination of your application has been suspended.