When should I apply?
You should apply in person no later than on the next day after 3 months from the date of entry into the territory of the Republic of Poland.
Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.
Where should I apply?
You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
What documents do I need?
- 1 copy of the application, completed as instructed (downloadable application). You can also obtain the application form at any of our offices,
- photocopy of a valid travel document or other document confirming your identity and citizenship (original available for inspection), if you cannot present a travel document or another document confirming your identity and citizenship, you can provide other evidence than an official document that will confirm your identity and citizenship in no doubt way,
- 5 photos,
- spouse - a document confirming marriage (e.g. marriage certificate),
- descendant - a document confirming the existence of family ties and a document confirming the age or certifying the dependence of a citizen of the European Union or his/hers spouse (e.g. birth certificate),
- ascendant - a document confirming the existence of family ties and a document confirming the dependence of a citizen of the European Union or his/hers spouse,
- a copy of the registration certificate of a European Union citizen's stay, issued to a European Union citizen with whom you are staying on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
What should I know?
What obligations do I have after issuing the document?
You should report to the Governor competent for your place of residence:
- any changes to data included in the document,
- any damage or other circumstances impeding the identification of the holder,
- the expiry date of the document,
- loss of document,
- In the event of the loss of a residence card of a family member of an EU citizen, we will issue a new document.