Extention of the validity of documents and legal stay

Who does it concern?

If you are a citizen of Ukraine and reside in Poland on the basis of one of the documents listed below and the validity period of this document would expire from 24.02.2022, this document will be extended by virtue of the Act for the period of:

  • National visa - until 31.12.2022r.
  • Temporary residence permit - until 31.12.2022r.
  • Residence card - by 18 months
  • Polish identity document - by 18 months
  • document confirming the tolerated stay - by 18 months

If you are a citizen of Ukraine and the last day of the permissible period of stay in Poland:

  • on the basis of a Schengen visa issued by the Polish authority
  • on the basis of a Schengen visa issued by other Schengen zone country
  • on the basis of the residence permit referred to in art. 1 clause 2 lit. and Council Regulation (EC) No. 1030/2002 of June 13, 2002 establishing a uniform format for residence permits for third-country nationals (Journal of Laws UE L 157 of June 15, 2002, p. 1, as amended), issued by the competent authority of another Schengen country, or another residence permit issued by the authority of that country, authorizing to travel within the territory of other countries of this area,
  • under the visa-free regime

falls in the period from 24.02.2022 and you started your stay in Poland before that date, your stay in Poland is considered legal for a period of 18 months.

What should you do?

You do not need to do any formalities.

You do not exchange documents because they are extended by virtue of the Act.

The residence card and national visa during the extension period do not entitle you to cross the border.

Extension of deadlines for leaving Poland

  • deadlines for leaving the territory of Poland, resulting e.g. from final decisions regarding the refusal to grant a permit
  • deadlines for voluntary return resulting from final decisions on the obligation to return

are extended by 18 months by virtue of the Act if aplicable from 24.02.2022

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.


Can I legalize my stay as a citizen of Belarus / Russia who entered Poland on the basis of the decision of the Border Guard commander?


Contact Office for Foreigners in order to confirm that the conditions for temporary protection are met.

You will find here...

read the whole answer...