When should I apply?
You can apply if you are a family member of the UK national and you have a residence card for a family member of an EU citizen issued in Poland by the end of 2020, but you resided here by the end of 2020 and continue your stay. Download your aplication HERE
You can submit the application from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021.
In the case of a foreigner who is a minor, the application is submitted by parents or guardians appointed by the court or by one of the parents or one of the guardians appointed by the court.
Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.
Where should I apply?
You may send your application by post. What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
As a general rule, you will be asked to visit the Office in person and at that time, the biometric identifiers shall be collected. However, in a justified case of emergency such as a health condition, this obligation may be waived.
If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints. Fingerprints are required from all applicants who have turned 6 by the time of the application.
Learn how to give your fingerprints.
Upon receiving your application via post, we will request your attendance to provide fingerprints. During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required.
After submitting your application, you will receive a certificate valid for one year.
What documents do I need?
- application completed in accordance with the instructions in 1 copy (application to download)
- 2 photographs,
- a photocopy of a valid travel document (the original for inspection), in a justified case, when you do not have any valid travel document and you are not able to obtain one, you may present another document confirming your identity,
- Twoje pisemne oświadczenie (podpisane) o kontynuacji pobytu na terytorium Polski po dniu 31 grudnia 2020r. ze wskazaniem nieobecności przekraczających 6 miesięcy w ciągu 12 m-cy poprzedzających złożenie wniosku lub inny dowód potwierdzający, że zamieszkiwałeś w Polsce w dniu 31 grudnia 2020r. lub wcześniej (np. potwierdzenie zameldowania, umowa o pracę, umowa najmu mieszkania, rachunek za prąd, umowa o usługi internetowe, telefoniczne, dowody potwierdzające niedawny wjazd do Polski jak bilety itp.). Skorzystaj z formularza oświadczenia - pobierz TUTAJ
How do I collect the document?
The residence card shall be collected in person at the Department of Foreigners in Poznań or at one of the office's delegations. Check the addresses
When a document issued to a minor over 6 years of age is collected, his/her presence is required. When a residence card has been issued to a minor under 13 years of age by the date of its receipt, the card shall be collected by his legal representative or guardian.
In the event of waiving the requirement to appear in person when submitting the application, the document may be collected by an attorney based on a special power of attorney to collect this document, upon presentation of a document confirming identity.
A visit to collect a residence card in Poznań can be booked in advance via the website by selecting "residence card collection" queue
What should I know?
What are my obligations after getting the residence card?
You should inform the Governor depending on your current place of residence, in the case of:
- change of information stated on your residence card
- damage or lost of your residence card or any other circumstances that make it difficult to identify the holder of the certificate.
In the event of loss of the residence card, you should report it to our Office and a new document shall be issued.