Temporary Polish travel document

When should I apply?

You should apply for a temporary Polish travel document if:

  • you do not hold any valid travel document, and
  • you do not have any possibility to obtain one, 
    and you plan to leave Poland, or you have received a decision obligating you to return to your country of origin. 

You can apply for a temporary Polish travel document if you hold:

You may apply on behalf of a minor foreigner if you are their parent or guardian appointed by the court or one of the parents or one of the guardians appointed by the court.

Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in the application form.

Where should I apply?

You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit 

If you cannot apply in person, please do send your application on paper by post.

What documents do I need?

  • your application for issue of a temporary Polish travel document for a foreigner in 1 copy, completed as instructed (application to download);
  • your up-to-date photo
  • documents necessary to confirm the data and circumstances provided in the application (e.g. documents confirming the inability to obtain a travel document of the country of origin, documents confirming the status of a stateless person, a decision on granting subsidiary protection in Poland or permission to stay for humanitarian reasons);
  • a confirmation of registration for permanent or temporary residence,
  • a confirmation of payment for issuing the document will be required to begin the proceedings.

All documents are submitted in original / certified copy

Fees for issuing / replacing a temporary Polish travel document for a foreigner

Fee for issuing a temporary Polish travel document is 500 PLN


Reduced fee for issuing a temporary Polish travel document is 25 zł


You are entitled to reduced fee if you are:

  • student, or
  • student at upper secondary schools, or
  • a minor child up to 16 years old, or
  • in difficult financial situation.

You can also pay the relevant fee for your Polish travel document by bank transfer:

Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki
Poznań, al. Niepodległości 16/18
Nr rachunku: 70 1010 1469 0000 3922 3100 0000

What should I know?

Read our guide

A temporary Polish travel document is issued to a foreigner

The temporary Polish travel document for a foreigner is valid for the period indicated therein, however, not longer than 7 days and during its validity entitles you to leave the territory of Poland.

You collect the document in-person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations.

When collecting a document issued to a minor over 13 years of age, his/her presence is required. When a residence card has been issued to a minor under 13 years of age by the date of its receipt, the card shall be collected by his legal representative or guardian.
A visit to collect a document in Poznań can be booked in advance via the website by selecting the E - Pickup residence card queue
Check the queue status
To pick up the document, bring a valid travel document and previous document if issued.
Check if your document is ready for collection and where you can collect it in our application to avoid disappointment.


Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback