It is an insurance that covers the costs of medical treatment in Poland. Health insurance allows you to receive medical assistance form your General Practitioner (family doctor) or to receive hospital care, excluding accident insurance (so-called NNW). Your health insurance entitles you to use the services of medical facilities (health care centres, hospitals, clinics). Documents confirming having health insurance:

  • Insurance agreement with the National Health Fund (NFZ)

Provide the original of the insurance agreement for inspection, along with current confirmation of payment of monthly contributions (from the day of the conclusion of the agreement until the day you receive your decision for residence permit).

Contributions for each calendar month are paid by the 15th day of the next month for the previous month.

  • Social Insurance Institution - ZUS

Provide the proof of  insurance registration in ZUS along with proof of payment of social insurance contributions.

  • Foreign insurance policy

Health insurance policies concluded in languages other than Polish should be translated into Polish by a sworn translator. The originals of both  - the health insurance agreement and the certified translation should be presented for inspection.

  • Private insurance policy

Such insurance policy must cover the costs of medical care in Poland (medical assistance and hospital care). Accident insurance does not constitute proof of insurance covering the costs of medical treatment in Poland. Note that the policy must be valid on the day the decision on granting a residence permit is issued.

If you pay by instalments, make sure to submit proof of payment (original for inspection).

Under the visa extension procedure, you need health insurance or travel medical insurance with a minimum insurance amount of 30,000 EUROS. Your policy must be valid for the entire duration of the planned stay in Poland and cover all expenses that may arise during your stay in Poland, as well as expenses related to the need for a return trip for medical reasons, the need for urgent medical assistance, emergency hospital treatment or death.

The housing costs cover the amount of residence-related fees. They include fixed fees connected with the usage of your premise/room (e.g. rent), and also electricity, gas, water, sewage, and waste bills. Fees should be divided between all tenants living together in a house. If you study in Poland and you have submitted a temporary residence permit application for studying purpose after 27.04.2019, remember to have sufficient funds for living and journey to your originated country after deducting housing costs. Calculate how much you pay for the room, flat or dormitory and then subtract that amount from your funds. You will be able to see if you have enough money for living and return to your country.