When should I apply?
You should apply for the extension of a national visa not later than on the expiration date of the visa that you already own.
If you apply to extend your stay in Poland before the expiry date of your legal status, you can legally remain in Poland while your application is pending. Make sure you have submitted an error-free application. Your passport must be valid at this time.
Before you apply, please read our tips on completing the application forms.
Where should I apply?
You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
What documents do I need?
Documents required for getting the stamp in the passport (so-called formal deficiencies):
- your valid travel document, which validity expires not earlier than after 3 months from the visa expiration date, for which you apply, and it includes at least two available pages and it was delivered during last 10 years,
- your photography,
- any documents that confirm:
- goals and conditions of the stay that you are planning,
- sufficient financial means of support during the whole period of your planned stay in Poland and for the return travel to your country of the origin or inhabitancy or for transit to another country, which gives permission to enter or the possibility of gaining such means in accordance with the law,
- health insurance,
- the credibility of your declaration on the intention to leave the territory of the Republic of Poland before the expiration date of the visa,
- other circumstances given in the application.
- Proof of the stamp duty payment
Documents required for the visa extension:
Documents that confirm an extraordinary character of the stay in Poland, which could not be forecasted by yourself, when you applied for your visa.
All the documents should be submitted in original copy/accredited copy.