Part-time studies

When should I apply?

You should apply for a temporary residence permit for educational purpose if you wish to stay in Poland for a period exceeding 3 months and your primary purpose of stay is undertaking or continuation of part-time studies. The temporary residence permit for educational purpose may be granted for the period of your part-time studies however not exceeding 12 months.

You should apply for a residence permit in person before your current legal status expires (i.e. before your visa or residence card expires).

If you apply to extend your stay in Poland before the expiry date of your legal status, you can legally remain in Poland while your application is pending. Make sure you have submitted an error-free application. Your passport must be valid at this time.

If you are granted a permit for educational purpose you are not entitled to perform work without a work permit. 

Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill out an application form.

Where should I apply?

You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit

If you cannot apply in person before your current legal status expires, please send your application by post to meet the deadline.

What counts is the date of postage at the post office.

If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints.

During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required to get a stamp in your passport.

Learn how to give your fingerprints

What documents do I need?

Documents required to obtain a stamp in your passport (i.e. formal requirements)

To begin the proceedings you need deliver also the confirmation of the payment of stamp duty. 


Documents required to be granted the residence permit:

  • Current certificate from univeristy signed by rector or authorised person, which will indicate the date of enrollment and your expected completion date, year of studies, mode of studies (full-time/part-time studies) field of study and number of lectures, classes and courses per month, 
  • Proof of payment of the tuition fees for the given academic year,
  • Health insurance,
  • Confirmation of having sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay in Poland and return ticket to the country of origin,
  • Residence provided/accommodation provided

Please remember to submit all of the documents in original or in certified copy 

What should I know?

Read our guide

The permit is granted for the period of education, however not longer than for 12 months. This permit does not entitle you to work in Poland without a work permit.

I have received my decision - how to get a residence card?

The residence card is issued after obtaining a positive decision on granting the permit. Read how to get a residence card

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback