When should I apply?
You should apply for a temporary residence permit for educational purpose if you wish to stay in Poland for a period exceeding 3 months and your primary purpose of stay is undertaking or continuation of part-time studies. The temporary residence permit for educational purpose may be granted for the period of your part-time studies however not exceeding 12 months.
If you apply to extend your stay in Poland before the expiry date of your legal status, you can legally remain in Poland while your application is pending. Make sure you have submitted an error-free application. Your passport must be valid at this time.
Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill out an application form.
Where should I apply?
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints.
During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required to get a stamp in your passport.
What documents do I need?
Documents required to obtain a stamp in your passport (i.e. formal requirements)
- Application form - fill in the on-line application or fill in the application in accordance with the instructions in 1 copy (application to be downloaded).
- 4 photographs,
- A photocopy of your valid travel document (the original for inspection), in a particularly justified case, when you do not have a valid travel document and you are not able to obtain one, you may present another document confirming your identity.
To begin the proceedings you need deliver also the confirmation of the payment of stamp duty.
Documents required to be granted the residence permit:
- Current certificate from univeristy signed by rector or authorised person, which will indicate the date of enrollment and your expected completion date, year of studies, mode of studies (full-time/part-time studies) field of study and number of lectures, classes and courses per month,
- Proof of payment of the tuition fees for the given academic year,
- Health insurance,
- Confirmation of having sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay in Poland and return ticket to the country of origin,
- Residence provided/accommodation provided
Please remember to submit all of the documents in original or in certified copy
What should I know?
The permit is granted for the period of education, however not longer than for 12 months. This permit does not entitle you to work in Poland without a work permit.
I have received my decision - how to get a residence card?
The residence card is issued after obtaining a positive decision on granting the permit. Read how to get a residence card