When should I apply?
You can obtain a temporary residence permit for the purpose of using long-term mobility if you have a residence permit issued by another EU country with the annotation "ICT" and you will perform work as a part of management team, specialist or trainee employee in so-called the host entity (host company) having its registered office in Poland, for a period longer than 90 days.
If you will be working for a period shorter than 90 days, the condition for using mobility is only prior notification to the Head of the Office for Foreigners about your intention to use this form of mobility. Notification to the Head of the Office for Foreigners is submitted by the unit receiving the foreigner from the country that issued the residence permit with the note "ICT".
The application may be submitted even before your arrival to Poland. In the case, that you are already residing in Poland, the application for temporary residence permit due to the use of long-term mobility should be submitted before the expiry date of your legal status. You can then legally remain in Poland while your application is pending. Make sure your application is error-free. Your passport must be valid at this time.
Before submitting your application, read our tips on completing the application forms.
Where should I apply?
You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit
If you cannot apply in person before your current legal status expires, please send your application by post to meet the deadline.
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints.
During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required to get a stamp in your passport.
Learn how to give your fingerprints
What documents do I need?
Documents required to obtain a stamp in your passport (i.e. formal requirements)
- Application form - fill in the on-line application or fill in the application in accordance with the instructions in 1 copy (application to be downloaded).
- 4 photographs,
- A photocopy of a valid travel document (the original for inspection), in a particularly justified case, when you do not have any valid travel document and you are not able to obtain one, you may present another document confirming your identity.
To start the proceedings you also need the confirmation of the stamp duty payment.
Documents required to be granted the residence permit:
documents confirming the possibility of returning to the parent employer based outside the EU after the end of the intra-corporate transfer period,
- documents confirming having a stable and regular source of income,
- document confirming health insurance,
- document confirming the place of residence,
- if you work in a regulated profession - also supplemented documents confirming formal qualifications or meeting the conditions that are required,
- a contract based on which you will perform work, concluded in writing, or a document issued by the parent employer, constituting the basis for an intra-corporate transfer. This agreement should specify: the period of intra-corporate transfer, the host entity's registered office, the position in the host entity, the salary and other working conditions in the host entity.
What should I know?
The procedure will not start (the proceedings will not be initiated) if on the day of submitting your application you are applying or already have the permit:
- for full-time university studies or doctoral studies in Poland,
- to conduct scientific research,
- on the day of submitting the application you are an employee of a company based in another EU’s country and you are temporarily delegated by the employer to provide services in Poland,
- you run your own business,
- you are employed by an employment agency/job agency or other company that provides employees to work under the supervision and management of another company or you are intra-corporate transferred with the participation of a business entity/company which works in the field of providing employment services
If you have been granted a temporary residence permit by the local authority – the Governor, you have to inform the authority that the reason for granting the permit has ceased. You have 15 days to do that.
If the temporary residence permit was granted by the Head of the Office for Foreigners in the second instance, the notification about cessation of the reason for the permit granting is directed to the local authority – Governor, who ruled on granting this permit in the first instance. Failure to comply with this obligation may result in refusal to grant another temporary residence permit if the application for another temporary residence permit was submitted within one year of the expiry of the previous permit's validity period or from the date on which the decision to withdraw the temporary residence permit became final.
I have received my decison - how to get my residence card now?
The residence card is issued after obtaining a positive decision on granting the permit. Read how to get a residence card