You should leave Poland not later that on the last day:

  • of your visa validity, unless you have applied for a visa extension;
  • of your temporary residence card validity, unless you have re-applied for a new permit;
  • of your visa waiver stay, if you are entitled to it;
  • of the validity of any another entry and stay entitlement, e.g. a residence card issued by another Schengen country, subject to the conditions of stay based on this document;
  • of the 14-day period to appeal against a negative decision regarding your application for stay, if you have waived your right to appeal and you do not have any another valid document entitling you to stay in Poland.
If you appealed against a negative decision, you should leave the territory of Poland within 30 days from the day on which the decision of the second instance authority was delivered to you.

If you do not leave Poland voluntarily, you may receive a decision to oblige you to leave the country, and you may be prohibited to re-enter Poland and the Schengen area.

It is an administrative or judicial decision or act, stating or declaring the stay of a non-EU citizen to be irregular and imposing or stating an obligation on that person to return. It is imposed in situations described by the rules, e.g. if your stay in Poland becomes undocumented, i.e. you stay without a valid passport or visa, or if you have exceeded the permissible period of stay under the visa-free regime.

After receiving the decision on the obligation to leave Poland, you will not be able to come back for the period specified in the decision. It is so-called entry ban. You have the right to appeal against this decision. 

It is the current and official copy of your marriage certificate from a registry office that was not issued earlier than 3 months before you apply for a residence permit. It is evidence of a valid marriage. A Polish certified translation must accompany a marriage certificate written in a language other than Polish.

It is a document that is not a copy. In some cases, you will be allowed to submit a copy of the original document, certified by an officer with a signature and stamp when submitting the document. A copy can be also authenticated by a notary or by your lawyer or your legal adviser if he/she represents you as attorney-in-fact in your legalization procedure.