When should I apply?
You should apply for a temporary residence permit if you wish to stay in Poland for a period exceeding 3 months and your primary purpose of stay is work for a foreign employer who has posted you to work on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
If you apply to extend your stay in Poland before the expiry date of your legal status, you can legally remain in Poland while your application is pending. Make sure you have submitted an error-free application. Your passport must be valid at this time.
Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.
Where should I apply?
You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit
If you cannot apply in person before your current legal status expires, please send your application by post to meet the deadline.
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints.
During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required to get a stamp in your passport.
Learn how to give your fingerprints
What documents do I need?
Documents needed to obtain a stamp in a passport (so-called formal requirements):
- Application form - fill in the on-line application or fill in the application in accordance with the instructions in 1 copy (application to be downloaded).
- 4 photographs,
- A photocopy of a valid travel document (the original for inspection), in a particularly justified case, when in a particularly justified case, when you do not have any valid travel document and you are not able to obtain one, you may present another document confirming your identity.
Confirmation of the payment of stamp duty is required to begin the proceedings.
Documents required to be granted the permit:
- Work permit type C – this permit is issued if you perform work for a foreign employer and if you are delegated to the territory of the Republic of Poland for a period exceeding 30 days in a calendar year to a branch or plant of a foreign subject or to an affiliated subject, within the meaning of the Act of 26 July 1991 on Personal Income Tax, with a foreign employer. Competent Governor is one of the region within which the seat of the subject to which you are delegated is placed.
- Evidence of a source of stable and regular income, e.g. a letter of posting, work contract.
- a current document confirming the place of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland
What should I know?
The permit is granted for a period not longer than 3 years.
A temporary residence permit does not entitle a foreigner to work without a work permit.
It is your responsibility to inform the Governor who issued your permit about the cessation of the reason for granting the permit within 15 days. If you do not submit a new application indicating new circumstances of your stay in Poland, we will start the procedure of withdrawing your permit, because the purpose of the stay which you declared when submitting the application for temporary stay has ceased. If you do not do this, we may refuse to renew your temporary residence permit.
I have received my decison - how to get my residence card now?
The residence card is issued after you have been granted the permit. Read more