Intra-corporate transfers (ICT)

When should I apply?

If you are planning to stay in Poland for a period longer than 90 days to work as a manager, a specialist or a trainee employee in the host entity established in Poland, you are entitled to apply for a temporary residence permit for the purpose of work under the intra-corporate transfer.

The first application for your temporary residence permit submits your host entity. You must stay outside the EU, unless you are applying for a subsequent permit due to the ICT, based on which you have been staying in Poland prior to your application.

Your host entity applies for the subsequent temporary residence permit for the purpose of work under ICT before the expiry date of your legal status. You can then legally remain in Poland while your application is pending. Make sure your application is error-free. Your passport must be valid at this time.

The application is submitted by the host entity in which you will work in Poland. The responsible party in the proceedings is the host entity. The application must be submitted to the competent local authority (Governor) determined according to the office registered address of the host entity in Poland.

Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.

Where should I apply?

You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit

If you cannot apply in person before your current legal status expires, please send your application by post to meet the deadline.

What counts is the date of postage at the post office.

If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints.

During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required to get a stamp in your passport.

Learn how to give your fingerprints

What documents do I need?

Documents required to obtain a stamp in your passport (i.e. formal requirements)

To start the proceedings you also need the confirmation of the stamp duty payment.


Documents necessary to be granted a temporary residence permit for the purpose of work under the intra-corporate transfer (submitted by the host entity):

  • Confirmation of having adequate professional qualifications and experience necessary in the host entity where you should be transferred by the parent undertaking in case of the position of a manager or specialist or diploma of completion of higher education studies in the case of a trainee employee,
  • Confirmation of your employment directly prior to the day of intra-corporate transfer within the same enterprise or the same group of undertakings continuously for the period of at least:
    • 12 months – in case of manager or specialist,
    • 6 months – in the case of a trainee employee;
  • Confirmation of possibility to return to the parent undertaking, located outside the EU, after the planned transfer to the host entity,
  • Stable and regular source of income,
  • health insurance,
  • confirmation of having guaranteed residence in Poland (residence provided),
    • in the case of work in a regulated profession – confirmation of formal qualifications and meeting other required conditions,
    • in case of trainee employee -  the contract concerning undergoing training in the host entity, which includes: 1. The training programme, 2. Its duration and terms of supervision over the foreigner during the training 
  • written contract with the parent undertaking on the basis of which you perform work, constituting the basis for intra-corporate transfer. The contract should specify:
    • The period of your intra-corporate transfer;
    • Location of the host entity;
    • Your position in the host entity;
    • Remuneration and other work conditions of the foreigner in the host entity.
Your remuneration should not be lower that 70% of an average gross monthly remuneration in the national economy in the province where the host entity is located, in the year preceding submission of the application for granting the permit, published by the President of the Central Statistical Office

What should I know?

Procedure will not be launched (proceedings will not be initiated) if:

  • your first or the longest stay in the EU as part of the intra-corporate transfer is to take place in the other EU Member State,
  • on the day of submitting the application for granting the temporary residence permit for the purpose of work under the intra-corporate transfer, you seek granting the permit or you have been granted the permit for the purpose of:
    • higher education,
    • conducting scientific researches;
  • you are an employee of an enterprise located in the other UE Member State and you are temporary delegated in order to provide services in Poland,
  • you conduct business activities,
  • you are employed by a temporary employment agency or another enterprise providing employees for work under supervision and direction of another enterprise or be subjected to an intra-corporate transfer with cooperation of an entity conducting business activities that provide employment services.

Temporary residence permit for the purpose of work under the intra-corporate transfer  can be issued for the maximum period of 3 years in the case of managers and specialists, and for the period of 1 year in the case of trainee employees. The permit will include periods during which you are planning to use mobility within the territory of other EU Member States. 

Please remember that, within 15 business days, you are obliged to inform the appropriate province Governor that granted permit, that the reason for granting permit no longer applies. If your residence permit was granted by the Head of the Office for Foreigners so the second instance authority examining the temporary residence permit for the purpose of work under the intra-corporate transfer, the information should be sent to the province Governor – the first instance authority examining the temporary residence permit. If you do not fulfill this obligation, you might be refused another residence permit.

I have received my decison - how to get my residence card now?

The residence card is issued after you have received your decision with your permit. Read How to receive residence card? 

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback


How long will I be waiting in order to be granted the temporary residence permit for the purpose of work under the intra-corporate transfer?

The decision regarding granting the permit should be issued within 90 days. This period is counted from the day of submitting the application  along with all necessary documents for confirming the regarding this type of permit. If the application is not accompanied by the above mentioned...

read the whole answer...