Seasonal work

When should I apply?

You should apply for a temporary residence permit if you wish to stay in Poland for a period exceeding 3 months and your primary purpose of stay is seasonal work.

You should apply for a residence permit in person before your current legal status expires (i.e. before your visa or residence card expires).

If you apply to extend your stay in Poland before the expiry date of your legal status, you can legally remain in Poland while your application is pending. Make sure you have submitted an error-free application. Your passport must be valid at this time.

If you perform seasonal work and you apply for a temporary residence permit and work permit instead of a temporary residence permit for seasonal work, your application will not be considered.

Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.

Where should I apply?

You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit

If you cannot apply in person before your current legal status expires, please send your application by post to meet the deadline.

What counts is the date of postage at the post office.

If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints.

During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required to get a stamp in your passport.

Learn how to give your fingerprints

What documents do I need?

Documents required to obtain a stamp in your passport (i.e. formal requirements)


Documents required to be granted the residence permit:

What should I know?

Read our guide

The temporary residence permit is granted for the period of validity of the seasonal work permit, but not longer than 9 months, counted from the date of first entry on the basis of a visa or visa-free regime, in order to perform seasonal work in a given calendar year.

The temporary residence permit does not specify the conditions of seasonal work. The permit constitutes the basis for stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland in order to perform seasonal work, and the basis for performing work results from the permit for seasonal work or extension of the permit for seasonal work issued by the relevant Starosta.

I have received my decison - how to get my residence card now?

The residence card is issued after you have received your decision with your permit. Read How to receive residence card? 

Did you find it useful?

Report an error on this page / Leave feedback

This task is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Leave feedback