When should I apply?
The application on behalf of a minor child is submitted by parents or guardians appointed by the court, or one of the parents or one of the guardians appointed by the court. The child will not receive a stamp in the passport confirming the submission of the application. Children born in Poland will be legally in Poland only after their temporary residence permit is granted.
Before you apply, read our tips on how to fill in an application form.
Where should I apply?
You may apply in person at the Department for Foreigners in Poznań or one of the office's delegations: Book your visit
What counts is the date of postage at the post office.
If you apply by post, your next step is to visit the office in person to give your fingerprints - make an appointment
During your visit, you may also file other documents that are required to get a stamp in your passport.
What documents do I need?
Documents required to start the procedure (i.e. formal requirements)
- Application completed in accordance with the instructions in 1 copy (application to be downloaded). You can receive a copy of your application form in our offices,
- 4 photographs
- A photocopy of a valid travel document (the original for inspection), in a particularly justified case, when you do not have a valid travel document and cannot obtain one, you may present another document confirming your identity.
To start the proceedings will also be needed confirmation that you have paid the stamp duty.
Documents needed to grant the permit:
- copy of the visa / temporary residence permit of the parent with whom the child resides in Poland,
- a birth certificate,
- health insurance,
- confirmation of having accommodation provided,
- source of stable and regular income
All documents are submitted in original / certified copy.
What should I know?
Temporary residence permit for a child is granted for a period corresponding to the period of validity of the visa / temporary residence permit of the parent, but not longer than 3 years.
The requirement to have a stable and regular source of income is also considered to be met if the costs of maintaining the child will be covered by the parent who resides in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
I have received my decison - how to get my residence card now?
The residence card is issued after obtaining a positive decision on granting the permit. When a residence card issued to a minor over 13 years of age is collected, his/her presence is required. When a residence card has been issued to a minor under 13 years of age by the date of its receipt, the card shall be collected by his legal representative or guardian. Read how to get a residence card